Welcome to The Farm House!
The Farm House will utilize 3 key elements of a farm to further the impact in Haiti:
Just as farming is important to a community, The Farm House will be an important contributor to the local community and economy.
A farm’s success rides on collaboration and The Farm House is no different. We know that by working with locals and organizations, the impact in Haiti is multiplied.
Like farming, aid work requires careful cultivation of ideas, tools, relationships. The Farm House creates a unique environment for this to take place.
How does The Farm House Haiti help missions?
- increase the number of orphans and communities where we can help provide fresh fruits and vegetables
- host teams who will see and learn the urban farming methods pioneered here to take them to other areas of the world
- host agriculture students who can experience the challenges of farming in a developing country
Pfamily Mission Can
- host prospective parents going through the adoption process and advise them
- provide internships for those preparing for a career in service
- host teams for other, local non-profits
- host teams helping with local orphanages
Help Us Reach Our Goal!
** We have to raise $55,000.00 before April 1st, 2016 **
MAKE YOUR TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATION
GIVE DIRECTLY TO THE ROOM THAT SUITS YOU
The Family Room is designed for families to stay together while traveling. This room is perfect for adoptive families to have a private room for bonding time.
These 2 rooms made available for teams coming on a mission, whether it be clinics, aid work, or ministry. There is one room for male guests and one room for female guests.
A comfortable place for games, meetings, fellowship, music and devotions.
Enjoying meals together is one of the best things about trips to another country, trying the local cuisine and having a home-cooked American meal
A room set aside specifically for people volunteering in Haiti for an extended period of time.
Amidst the chaos of the city and a house full of people, the retreat room is a quiet place to reflect on your day and pray.
2 trucks enable safe transportation to and from the airport and work sites
Alternative energy and a large generator keep the house functioning as it should including lights, wifi, charging stations, and air conditioning.
3-person staff keeps house running smoothly and gives locals a secure job to support their families
Household basics like dishes, sheets, and more don’t come cheap in Haiti. Our goal is to have everything our guests could ever need during their stay at our guest house.
24 hour armed guard - Safety is a top priority for guests!
CURRENT IMPACT & RESULTS
* Approximately 200 children are getting nutritious foods
* Education sponsorship program sent one student to become a certified agronomist at University.
* Providing full-time employment to a general contractor, keeping his family together
* Farming communities received our support
* 2 abandoned children were saved from near death experiences – both doing great after their treatment and recovery.
* Assisted 7 adoptive families in various ways including getting 2 children who were “stuck” in the system for years get home.
* Orphanages received our aid as consultants and workers. We provided business and financial planning as well as setup feeding and education programs
Mentorship & Education
* Mentorship program for street kids, helping them make life decisions based on scriptures while recognizing the inherent “right” and “wrong” in each situation.
* 3 children & 4 teens are now enrolled in school and doing great!
* One teen is also working after school with us to help support his mother and 3 siblings.